Another PT&T Question

Garrett

Recruit
I posted earlier with a question about a power tilt and trim unit that I got as part of a boat purchase. I have it mounted and it worked great for the first 3 outings, but now it only goes up when i'm at a slow idle or not moving. Before, it would make a sort of popping sound as if there was air in the fluid, but now it is smoother and too weak to hardly move. I have all the info that I could find on it and here is what I found: Made in USA sticker, AL-55, 97-53094, the U shaped part that is on the boat measures 15.25" wide by 11.5" tall and the part that the motor is on is 14.25" wide by 10" tall and in almost a perfect rectangular shape. There is a hose that comes off of the piston, and When I removed it and the fitting, there was some thick amber colored grease in there. There is also a grease fitting at the joint where the motor connects perpendicular to the piston and it has clear grease in it. I don't know if the hose is supposed to go to a reservoir because it didn't come with one. I guess I really need to know how to fix the thing which would probably include how to drain the fluid and if there needs to be a reservoir for the hose. There are no other fittings or plugs on the unit, except for the piston casing that is threaded about halfway down. Thanks for any and all help with this. By the way....the battery does have a full charge. <br />Garrett

corm

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Another PT&T Question

Hi Garrett,<br />I hope this helps. It seems like you have a<br />Minn Kota trim. I have no helpfull knowledge<br />of the hydralic sys. Here is their location<br />the last time I had any contact with them.<br />they are helpful people.<br />Minn Kota<br />1531 Madison Ave.<br />Mankato, MN 50001<br />Phone 1- 507-345-4623 (maybe old no.)<br />Web page;<br /><A HREF="http://www.johnsonoutdoors.com/motors/minnkota/eng_pro.html">MINN KOTA</A><br /><br />Good luck & have fun...corm

corm

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Sorry about the link try this.<br /> http://www.johnsonoutdoors.com/motors/minnkota/eng_pro.html <br /><br /><-Can't read
biggrin.gif
<br /><br />corm

corm

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Scroll dwn to bottom of page click on trim & tilt.<br />Wish I could edit my post(s) this would be shorter
biggrin.gif
<br />...corm...