Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
http://forums.iboats.com/forum-rules-guidelines-405/
See more
See less

Power trim for 40 hp Evinrude

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power trim for 40 hp Evinrude

Last year we purchased an used 13' BW ('73) with a late '80 Evinrude 40 hp. We used the boat extensively in the sounds, which means we always needed to look out for shallow waters. We would like to add a power trim, so we are able to maneuver over shallows more easily. Also my wife is not able to lift the heavy motor.Any recommendations for an economical solution? Any comment welcome.

Re: Power trim for 40 hp Evinrude

hello either a bracket type like the CMC unit which does not mount well on that curved transome or go to the dealer and buy the kit. you may hunt around and find a blown motor with trim. post me your engine model number as I am parting one out.
    no tech questions by PM, they wont get answered.
    you have to be trusted by the people that you lie to .

Comment

Rodbolt,I don't have the S/N handy, but it's a 89 Evinrude 40 hp.

Comment

Rodbolt,If PKSWalt doesn't take your offer or you have another, I am interested. Model TE40ELETB. Email: mjmullen4@ yahoo . com Spaced it out so hopefully that will foil the spy pgms.Thanks,Mark
        sigpic 1985 Bayliner 1600 Capri Cuddy, 1965 MFG Niagara Custom. >> MFG Video<<. >> MFG Project<< >>Bayliner Hard Top Project<< >>Bayliner Repower Project<<

Comment

ok let me look I have an 89 40 outback that is manual and a 2000 50 with trim that are history. I have to get rid of my junkyard soon. maybe moving its warm in venezuela
          no tech questions by PM, they wont get answered.
          you have to be trusted by the people that you lie to .

Comment

Working...
          X