Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
http://forums.iboats.com/forum-rules-guidelines-405/
See more
See less

89 Bayliner 125 hp L-Drive Force I/O Engine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89 Bayliner 125 hp L-Drive Force I/O Engine

I just bought my first boat and so far it's running well. But I have read some reviews and have noticed that this boat engine seems to need a little more tender loving care than most. I was hoping that someone could kind of walk me through the steps to winterize this boat. I live up in Northern New York so it gets cold so I want to do all I can. I am also mechanically inclined. I do have a manual for the engine and the previous took really good care of this boat so I want to continue the trend. This is what it is:1989 Bayliner Capri 19 ft open bow with a 2 stroke 125 hp L-Drive Force I/O engine. This boat will be stored inside.

Re: 89 Bayliner 125 hp L-Drive Force I/O Engine

Shane26, this system seems to drain pretty much like a normal outboard. Some water does however get trapped in the engine. Remove the 3/4inch water intake hose from the lower right hand side of the engine and pour some RV anti-freeze in or blow the water out with air. I would also make sure there is no water in the boot that protects the drive shaft in the mid-section. The rest is normal outboard winterization, fog if you like and change the lower unit oil. Good luck.

Comment

Re: 89 Bayliner 125 hp L-Drive Force I/O Engine

What is a Force 2 stroke L-drive I/O? I have never heard of this. Does anyone have a picture?

Comment

Working...
      X