Need to flush-boating in freshwater? and where to do it??

StingrayMike

Petty Officer 1st Class
Just moved to CO, now boating in freshwater only, vice salt. I tried to find any posts, but could not. Since now I am in freshwater, do I need to flush after every use?
The 2nd part is where? I keep the boat stored at a storage facility with no access to water. I don't the room where I live to bring the boat.

Not sure what to do/where to go???

Unfortunately didn't really think about this while we were looking for a place to live.

Thanks

alldodge

Staff member
No need to flush in fresh water. You would be flushing fresh water out with fresh water

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Will be good to flush it if were boating constantly on fresh muddy, silty, contaminated water conditions, if not on such cases need to do nothing.

Happy Boating

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
As Sea Rider said. But adding, if you boat in Alkali Lakes, flushing with Fresh Water is a good idea

StingrayMike

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thanks for the reply guys, that is what I was thinking. You would think it is common sense, as AllDodge mentioned "flushing fresh water with fresh water", but its lake water, vice "clean" hose water.
As my wife pointed out " we have seen plenty of boats that are being stored, so what, if anything are they doing?"
again, makes sense.

alldodge

Staff member
My 2 boats have boated in the muddy Ohio river and many fresh water lakes and bought the Rinker new. Neither have ever been flushed and each winterization all is clean coming out. I also don't use antifreeze during winterization, just air.

During repower on the Formula the block, heads, intake and exhaust all where in good shape. Still have the exhaust mans sitting in the shop and if needed I would put them on a motor without question.

Its your boat so your decision