How do I make my boat go faster..1995 70hp 17ft bass boat 53mph plus

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
Now there is a story I can relate to. We to have the racers on the beach getting drunk. And the slowest boat always has to get the beer. Sometimes man in slowest boat is mad and drives away with beer. Then the drunk racers have to get in their fast boats and chase slow boat down to get the beer.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
MAHLE makes unbreakable rings for CUMMINS diesel.. when I here Diesel and I work on them and Detroit and CAT..bout 7 years ago I was doing some extra work European shop for there computer controlled VW diesels when they could not repair them and the parts guy got them I think something to do with VW turbo diesel racing made in Germany.. no one to do machine work but while repairing the backup Generator at FN machinegun plant found a machinist he like idea and did it and I think is the week link.. To fix my RPM problem CDI pn-113-2453 no rev limit and mod to carb and exhaust.. as for Yamaha I stated keep up on a 14ft hightide don't care about speed .I leave that to everybody else . I did it for fun when the engine was apart and to make it as efficient as possible air in and exhaust out.. But when the racers are at the river getting drunk on the sand bar and the river is calm I my shoot by 10 min later someone comes up the creek to see what's on the back of my boat. as for my 70hp no one will ever know..oh well never wrote on a blog or forum and will it to everybody else..

actually United Piston Ring has has the Cummins diesel engine contract with the exception of the B3.3 which is Komatsu in Japan

however none of those engines have bores small enough to compare to a 25hp power head.

the B3.3 has a 95mm bore, and they go up from there. the new A series is coming directly from Cummins China and all have cast rings and pistons

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
Actually you are both wrong I make all piston rings! I make them out of dragon scales in my basement and that is why your motors are fast.

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,..... I had an ole Glastron Jet-Flite, rated at 60 hp, I wanted to go faster,....

So I bolted on an 80 hp merc,..... still wanted faster, so I bolted on a 135 hp tower of power,......

It was a white knuckle ride, 'n was fast enough,..... usually had brown stains in yer shorts when ya got out the boat too,.....

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
Ayuh,..... I had an ole Glastron Jet-Flite, rated at 60 hp, I wanted to go faster,....

So I bolted on an 80 hp merc,..... still wanted faster, so I bolted on a 135 hp tower of power,......

It was a white knuckle ride, 'n was fast enough,..... usually had brown stains in yer shorts when ya got out the boat too,.....

To bad I did not know you then, could have given you some special rings for that 80. Would have made that 135 look like it was going backwards.