Stolen outboard parts

Peter Kraus

Recruit
Ok, I winterized my 1998 evinrude 30hp 2 years ago and it has been sitting outside in my backyard unused since. I have finally finished restoring my 13 ft Boston whaler and it is now ready for a motor. When I removed the cowling on the 30 I found in disbelief that the entire powerhead was gone. Whoever stole it could have done it years ago but if anyone has suggestions on what to do I would appreciate it.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Well sounds like you are going to need to find a new motor or at least a powerhead, that is really a bummer, sorry to hear of your difficulties...

:grumpy:

David Young

Chief Petty Officer
Sad to read this :(. I have 4 cameras looking at my boat, truck and 2 cars. My neighbors know this and don't mess with anything. They also know I have several firearms :)

RaisedByWolves

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Ok, I winterized my 1998 evinrude 30hp 2 years ago and it has been sitting outside in my backyard unused since. I have finally finished restoring my 13 ft Boston whaler and it is now ready for a motor. When I removed the cowling on the 30 I found in disbelief that the entire powerhead was gone. Whoever stole it could have done it years ago but if anyone has suggestions on what to do I would appreciate it.

Are you sure its even the same motor?

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
file a police report, then file an insurance claim.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Motors should be stored indoors, whichever place the Admiral doesn't complain about. Stealingl the whole motor would have been much faster than just the powerhead. Picky thieves definitely.

Happy Boating

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
That's amazing...around here they show up with a lift in a truck and cut the whole transom out...they quit looking at my place...30 RoundS out of an a1 as the truck was driving up my back lot. Haven't seen tracks since...that was in the 90's.:laser:back then 25 years ago things were different. Call the cops and it was a 40 mile drive over bad roads. Lucky to see them inside an hour. Now their 10 minutes away...so I doubt I'd even bother trying to scare them.