Evinrude 33hp Fastwin weight?

Newyota

Petty Officer 1st Class
Been trying to find the weight of the 33hp Fastwin,but unsuccessful.Anyone have a source?

hardwater fisherman

Lieutenant Commander
I think the 33hp was called a skitwin. I would say depending on shaft length and electric start anywhere from 130 to 140 lbs...

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
The brochure says 127 for manual, 140 for Electric, both of those would be for short shaft, long shaft probably about 4 ibs more
024.jpg

Newyota

Petty Officer 1st Class
The brochure says 127 for manual, 140 for Electric, both of those would be for short shaft, long shaft probably about 4 ibs more

Thanks for this!!I was wondering about putting a tiller on this and see the kit shown at bottom.Wonder what the part number is or if I could find one?Or would just about any tiller from the older gear driven throttle work on there??

hardwater fisherman

Lieutenant Commander
I know the tiller would fit from a 28, 33 or 40hp from the 60s and 70s will fit... I am not sure about the 50s big twins though.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Check on ebay for a tiller handle and associated parts, normally you can find them used at a reasonable price.

There are quite a few motors the same tiller will fit during the 60's and 70' era, there is a Ski Twin set up on ebay right now for $89.95 which is a pretty good price.

Last edited:

Newyota

Petty Officer 1st Class
Check on ebay for a tiller handle and associated parts, normally you can find them used at a reasonable price.

There are quite a few motors the same tiller will fit during the 60's and 70' era, there is a Ski Twin set up on ebay right now for $89.95 which is a pretty good price.

thanks I found the whole swivel bracket assy with no tiller unless I missed something somewhere. for 89.95, but no tiller for 89.95.Did see just a handle for $150 that I think is what I need.

Newyota

Petty Officer 1st Class
Opps, my bad, grabbed the wrong link.

I looked at the link.Pretty sure it is not that one.I looked closely at the brochure posted above and the tiller kit is shown.Has one round side where it connects.Had to go back to 1963 28hp to find that tiller assy.Do not see any others like it.part # 377949 unavailable

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Had a fellow pick up a tiller handle for a big twin 40 HP here a while ago.-----Said he had been looking for 2 years.-------Drove over from an hr away.------Was delighted and said ----" thank you very much sir "

hardwater fisherman

Lieutenant Commander
I have 2 of them but not willing to part with one,,I have had people ask me on the water and at a gas station where I found them..

Newyota

Petty Officer 1st Class
Had a fellow pick up a tiller handle for a big twin 40 HP here a while ago.-----Said he had been looking for 2 years.-------Drove over from an hr away.------Was delighted and said ----" thank you very much sir "

I was wondering if the 40hp took the same as the 33 hp Ski twin?Looks like the same type of set up with the manual knob you turn?If you put a tiller on a 33hp or 40hp is the handle with the gear all that is needed besides the bolt and washers etc for mounting?

racerone

Supreme Mariner
The 1962 / 64 model 28 and all the 33 / 40 hp manual shift use the same tiller handle.-----You need to remove the short gear shaft on the motor.----And you need the shaft installed that connects with the shaft on the tiller handle.