Looking for outboard tune-up person or shop in SF Bay Area (CA, USA)

acarleson

Seaman
Hello,

I am looking for someone to do a tune-up on some small (2hp and 4hp) outboards, but I don't even know where to start looking. I've called a few of the marine mechanics around the SF Bay Area (California), but they've all said that they don't do small tuneups, just larger service.

Can anyone recommend a good mechanic in the area, or even just give me some pointers on how to find a shop or repairperson? I have the feeling that when I search for "marine mechanic", I get large shops that are looking to do full services and rebuilds and stuff, so I wonder if there's some other term I should be searching for. I tried "small engine repair" and didn't get anything, and "chainsaw repair", but none of them seem to service outboards.

Would love pointers for a shop or individual, or just pointers on how to effectively use google or yelp or something :)

Thank you all

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Are both motors being 2 or 4 strokes ones experiencing working issues, if so specify what's the trouble. Those are simple to service motors, don't need to be a skilled mechanic as only will be doing simple basic DIY maintenance services that are posted in every Owner's Manual.

Happy Boating