Will Lose it if Loose.-

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I hope they get busted for littering in the ocean.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
YouTube is a good tool to get " long term " advertising / publiscity.-----They do not appear to be too concerned about this LOBM or ----Loss of boat motor.---------Just my opinion.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
YouTube is a good tool to get " long term " advertising / publiscity.-----They do not appear to be too concerned about this LOBM or ----Loss of boat motor.---------Just my opinion.

If with a proper insurance that covers all acts of mankind and god, I won't be concerned either....

Happy Boating

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Found the fatal installation culprit, check video on minute 4:53. Bolts and nuts were installed backwards, video on minute 15:30 confirms so...thoughts ? That same water nightmare was going to happen unfailingly to final user, owner...bad costly music!!

Happy Boating

racerone

Supreme Mariner
My opinion only.----Camera zooms in to boat features and names a few times.-----This appears to be a PROMOTIONAL VIDEO to me.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
My opinion only.----Camera zooms in to boat features and names a few times.-----This appears to be a PROMOTIONAL VIDEO to me.

I think so as well. Only thing is the Merc flotation feature isn't much of a selling point. :doh:

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

It's the promotional demo video of Rocco Marine and someone if filming the event. Assume they have rigged the boat and was ready to be sold. They did not take into account that the nice promotion turned into a costly one..

Happy Boating

racerone

Supreme Mariner
In this youtube age-----$10,000 motor lost for a video that gets seen over and over is the cost of doing business.-----Just peanuts !!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
But would you buy a boat from someone who lets motors fall off? I would have think a lot more than twice.

Of course publicity is publicity, good or bad.

DouglasW

Petty Officer 1st Class
I don't get it. I would have called for a tow after tying the overboard motor out of the way of the good one. No reason to trash it. My family had a similar incident long ago when a clamp bracket of Homelite 55 broke at full speed and sent the motor over board on it's side. We worked for an hour to keep it hanging there before asking for a tow. Used it for years after that.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
I watched it a few days ago. The entire time my thought was, I wish Foghorn Leghorn would StFU!!!

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
But would you buy a boat from someone who lets motors fall off? I would have think a lot more than twice.

Of course publicity is publicity, good or bad.

If I had at least 150 grand to buy it, would definitely go for one. But before going out on its maiden voyage would check the motor's bolts and nuts hardware are high quality and installed properly as it should have been...

As DouglasW stated, why did the guy let that nice motor dive into the deep blue, when should have tied it properly and take it back to terra firme at a slow pace.

Happy Boating

racerone

Supreme Mariner
There is a different " snack bracket " involved in this boat and the video promoting it.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
I agree with all of you. I see the next video, they went and picked it up though.