Experiences with the current model Yamaha 25hp?

scout-j-m

Chief Petty Officer
Hope this is the right sub-forum for the topic.

Does anyone have personal experience with the new, lighter Yamaha 25hp? I would like to purchase a new 25hp within the next year or so and like the low weight plus other features these outboards offer.I just haven't seen many real world, non promotional reviews of this motor.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
4 stroke; the F25. Does Yamaha still make 2 strokes??? Thought the E-TEC was the only one.

Yep, plenty of 2 strokes 25-30 HP versions, currently available in the rest of the countries that have not banned 2 strokes OB's use. E-tec are modern 2 strokes electronically controlled and highly priced engines compared to plain 2 strokes same HP models.

Happy Boating

82rude

Rear Admiral
For what its worth I watched a boat show where they tested a 25 Yamaha and they fairly gushed over it .Asia and Australia and south America can still get up to 90hp 2 strokes.

Last edited:

scout-j-m

Chief Petty Officer
For what its worth I watched a boat show where they tested a 25 Yamaha and they fairly gushed over it .Asia and Australia and south America can still get up to 90hp 2 strokes.

Thanks!

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Nope, have seen in other Latin American & Caribbean countries higher 2 strokes HP engines way larger than mentioned 90 HP ones, can order them in the max factory HP rated ones if you like, the issue is that boaters are weighing the less fuel consumption difference with respect to same HP versions going for 4 strokes ones. For me 2 strokes all the way...

Happy Boating

thatone123

Banned
On the Chesapeake bay this summer ran a 50 Yamaha 4 stroke and was amazed at the low fuel consumption