Pennzoil 100% Synthetic 2 stroke outboard oil

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
It's only $8 more a gallon than XD50 in my local, and if the label now says it can be used in oil mixing systems, I would upgrade to XD100. Even at 50:1 the overall cost isn't that much greater for a year of boating
Even though it is not TCW certified, it is marketed by BRP, an engine manufacturer so I'm sure it exceeds the TCW-3 spec by a considerable margin.
When you use 20-25 gallons a season it adds up....Never had any problems running XD 50.

Just filled the oil tank with the last two gallons from two cases of Pennzoil Premium Plus I bought last season. Late season trolling in cold water (air and water temps in the 40's) and the motor didn't seem to mind it one bit.

Perhaps I've found a third "performance" verified oil....Merc Premium Plus, Pennzoil Premium Plus and XD 50

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Gee, I still run wallyworld oil. Motor runs (and trolls) perfectly, although I have OMS oil injection. Smokes a bit...but for $13/Gal, I like smoke....

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Gee, I still run wallyworld oil. Motor runs (and trolls) perfectly, although I have OMS oil injection. Smokes a bit...but for $13/Gal, I like smoke....

Wallyworld oil meets the TCW-3 spec, but the spec is over 20 yrs old and it doesn't meet the requirements for a lot of the newer engines. For non DI engines it is probably ok, as it does meet the spec

82rude

Rear Admiral
dingbat, 20-25 gallons of xd-100 would most likely last me till I died or most likely way past that and I'm 59.My 60 etec sips oil to the point that if you didn't know any better you would think the oil injection was broken (xd-100 setting).Of course you have big brutes if I remember correctly ,ocean pro,s?I don't have 100 percent proof but I though I remembered reading somewhere that Castrol makes the xd-100.

Last edited:

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
dingbat, 20-25 gallons of xd-100 would most likely last me till I died or most likely way past that and I'm 59
Well, I’m 60 and if I don’t burn more than that I didn’t met my goal of fishing more and working less this year....lol

The Grady wasn’t built with fuel economy in mind. There is a reason why a 22’ boat carries 154 gallons of fuel and a 3 gallon oil tank...did I mention Ocean pro’s are thirsty critters....lol on a flat day I get 1.7-1.9 mpg at cruise ~4300 rpm, 27 kts

Did a combination shake down cruise and a bit of pre-season trolling yesterday. Stayed local, put 46 miles on the boat along with 4 hours of trolling..burned up 37 gallons according to my fuel flow meter.

Almost 1.5 gallons down, 20 some to go..:)