Anyone know anything about this/gamefisher 3.0?

nola mike

Vice Admiral
Wondering if this is worth buying. No idea the year or who made it. Owner says it runs for a couple of seconds and stalls. Would be worth the price if I can get common parts (carb kit, points, etc) for it.

Attachments

• photo278439.jpg
    photo278439.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 0

robert graham

Admiral
I've been running a Gamefisher/Tanaka 3.0 HP for over 20 years....very simple and dependable motor. If it runs a bit and cuts off then it's a fuel/tank venting or fuel delivery problem...very easy to inspect and repair....these motors are still for sale on EBAy and similar...an extra motor might come in handy for parts, if you can buy one cheap that's not running. I use mine on a 17 foot aluminum canoe....lightweight(25lbs.), Centrifugal clutch is great for shallow water and air cooled so no water pump to worry about. Honda makes a very similar little motor about 3.5 HP new for about $1100 if you want something newer....

hardwater fisherman

Lieutenant Commander
Sears parts direct has parts diagrams for gamefisher motors. They have ignition parts and some carb parts. You really need the model number though.

robert graham

Admiral
I've never had to replace points or any carb parts....the motor will most likely run as it is if you can get the gas to flow through it.....may want to replace that junk pet-**** with a plastic chain saw type....same with fuel lines...those clear green ones work great and you can see the fuel flowing. .....

nola mike

Vice Admiral
Well, youre lucky. I consider points normal maintenance. Getting gasto flow typically involves a carb rebuild. Anyway, for $75 delivered its worth a shot

robert graham

Admiral
There's almost nothing on that carb to replace....it's that simple....one slot head screw to remove carb...float bowl, needle with slide, float.....pull it off and see...