Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vessel View Fault HELP Transmission Overtemp!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Vessel View Fault HELP Transmission Overtemp!

    I’m new here so if this is in the wrong spot please let me know.

    I have an 04 Searay Sundancer 320 with twin 6.2 MPI Mercruiser V drives.

    I received the following error on Vessel View Mobile over the weekend.

    "Transmission temperature switch A temperature sensor value is higher than normal"

    An alarm on my Smartcraft gauge says "Fault Sensor."

    Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this fault?

  • #2
    Shorted wire leading to the sensor, or shorted sensor
    When the wire feeding the sensor goes at or near to zero ohms then the fault shows up
    94 Formula 27PC Custom 509MPI MEFI3 , B3 XR
    95 Rinker 232 w/ 7.4L Carb 0F425011 B1 0F486471
    07 Seadoo GTX
    Merc Adults Only VP Adults Only
    G-Dad always said "First Liar doesn't stand a chance"

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by bmay1909 View Post
      I’m new here so if this is in the wrong spot please let me know.

      I have an 04 Searay Sundancer 320 with twin 6.2 MPI Mercruiser V drives.

      I received the following error on Vessel View Mobile over the weekend.

      "Transmission temperature switch A temperature sensor value is higher than normal"

      An alarm on my Smartcraft gauge says "Fault Sensor."

      Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this fault?



      How do I determine if it’s shorted wire or sensor?

      Comment


      • #4
        There should be a sensor on the trans with a Black and a Dark Blue/Brown wire on it. Remove the wires and measure across both pins and see what the ohm value is. Then measure from one pin at a time to the body of the sender and record values.

        If any of the values are below 200 ohms, there might be an issue

        If issues are high, then measure the wires to ground. The Black should be near zero, the blue/brown should not
        94 Formula 27PC Custom 509MPI MEFI3 , B3 XR
        95 Rinker 232 w/ 7.4L Carb 0F425011 B1 0F486471
        07 Seadoo GTX
        Merc Adults Only VP Adults Only
        G-Dad always said "First Liar doesn't stand a chance"

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by AllDodge View Post
          There should be a sensor on the trans with a Black and a Dark Blue/Brown wire on it. Remove the wires and measure across both pins and see what the ohm value is. Then measure from one pin at a time to the body of the sender and record values.

          If any of the values are below 200 ohms, there might be an issue

          If issues are high, then measure the wires to ground. The Black should be near zero, the blue/brown should not


          Are either one of the pictures below the sensor I’m looking for?

          Comment


          • #6
            Its the one with the Blue/Wite wire, the other is the water pressure sensor

            94 Formula 27PC Custom 509MPI MEFI3 , B3 XR
            95 Rinker 232 w/ 7.4L Carb 0F425011 B1 0F486471
            07 Seadoo GTX
            Merc Adults Only VP Adults Only
            G-Dad always said "First Liar doesn't stand a chance"

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by AllDodge View Post
              Its the one with the Blue/Wite wire, the other is the water pressure sensor

              [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"2100","width":"1574","src":"https:\/\/forums.iboats.com\/filedata\/fetch?photoid=10769642"**[/IMG2]


              Thank you! What exactly is this sensor called?

              Comment


              • #8
                Transmission temp
                94 Formula 27PC Custom 509MPI MEFI3 , B3 XR
                95 Rinker 232 w/ 7.4L Carb 0F425011 B1 0F486471
                07 Seadoo GTX
                Merc Adults Only VP Adults Only
                G-Dad always said "First Liar doesn't stand a chance"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by AllDodge View Post
                  Transmission temp

                  Where can I find a new temp sensor?

                  Make: ZF Hurth
                  Model: HSW 63 UV -2.0
                  Ratio: 2.0:1
                  Serial: 18411 N

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Sign up today
                    Its item 12 p/n 87-88031

                    https://www.mercruiserparts.com/bam/...31710/7752/290
                    94 Formula 27PC Custom 509MPI MEFI3 , B3 XR
                    95 Rinker 232 w/ 7.4L Carb 0F425011 B1 0F486471
                    07 Seadoo GTX
                    Merc Adults Only VP Adults Only
                    G-Dad always said "First Liar doesn't stand a chance"

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X