2000 VIP VIXEN Exhaust options/ installs

kpbrundige8911

Recruit
Looking for any info that i can find on installing an exhaust on my boat. We run short distances and would love to hear that 5.7 be a little louder.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
welcome aboard

change the exhaust bellows to a tube. then you are a little louder

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
standard Mercruiser exhaust tube vs bellows

however if you want to install a captains call or silent choice type exhaust, pull out your wallet, its going to cost you about $2500 +

Bondo

Staff member
however if you want to install a captains call or silent choice type exhaust, pull out your wallet, its going to cost you about $2500 +

Ayuh,..... Welcome Aboard,........ Or More,........ 'n then ya gotta figure out how to stuff all those pieces in such a tiny spot, along with gettin' the pipes out through the transom without interferin' with all the stuff that already lives there,....

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Corsa Marine is the ultimate way to go. Lovely thing on my boat...but glad I didn’t have to put it in instead of the factory. Last I looked it was about 5k for the system I have.

Many do this on the cheap, some successful and others have issues with water ingress back feeding because they didn’t do it right.

As good as it sounds...I’m thankful mine can be turned off for social reasons and when it’s called for. Which it usually is, late at night or when folks just don’t want to hear it. I can’t talk to the guy in the boat alongside me when it’s on.