Anyone ever hear of Red Rhino marine parts?

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
I was researching this company because if I have to eventually get another Cobra drive, Crowley marine sells what they call
'new' Cobra drives. I called them and asked who supplies them with the parts that you can't get from BRP any longer and they said Red Rhino. I don't know anything about this company but are they like GLM where they sell a lot of parts but they are all produced off shore? Anyone with any experience with them?

Bondo

Staff member
Hi Lou,..... I've never heard of 'em,.......

'n a quick peruse of their website didn't reveal any hints 'bout their product lines either,......

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Lou, you may need to call them. I know right after OMG went out of business, the gear hobbing company that OMG used in Illinois was selling shafts and gears. however that place was sold/changed names.

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
Thanks all, I heard some good stuff about OBR on the hull thruth, and it would be great if those parts were good quality, even if not made here.

PhrozeN_FisH

Seaman Apprentice
FWIW: We have used OBR occasionally at our dealership for the past 6-8 years now with no issues. I'm not a fan of Jasper engines and transmissions, but they also offer Cobra outdrives.

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
Thanks, I'll keep asking around...so far the 30 year old Cobra is still fine...but I like to have sources lined up just in case.....