New Member and New Owner

Pachanga2018

Recruit
Hello to All,,,I have just purchased a 88 or 89 pachanga 22 with the 7.4 in it..The motor has been replaced with a New long block and the sterndrive was completely rebuit...I can't find a Owners Manual for this boat anywhere. I have tried Searay and other Manual sites with NO luck,,,

I am also wondering if I have to get a new starter or other parts for the motor,,what year would I say??? year of the boat or year of the new crate motor??

I have done a lot of research on this boat already and have found out the weak point of the drive they used for those 2 years,,plan on doing a Bravo conversion soon.

Thanks in advance to all that reply,,I am need of your help!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Welcome aboard

Manuals for boat DO NOT EXIST

At best you can get a motor and drive manual. Check the stickies for links

Your motor would have originally come with a direct drive starter. Get a newer PMGR starter. However do your troubleshooting first. Most of the times starter issues are bad connections on the cables

By weak point going to assume you have an Alpha drive

Pachanga2018

Recruit
Thanks,,,I have found and received engine and drive service manuals... I figured the only chance on a Owners Manual would be a Owner that has his yet..

I do some motor work,,but what do you mean by PMGR starter??? Thanks

Scott Danforth

Staff member
99.99% of boat manufacturer "owners manuals" are a 3-fold safety brochure with list of servicing dealers and an overall picture of the boat pointing out that the pointy end is the bow and the end with the propeller is the stern and the round thing you hold is the steering wheel. there is no useful information in it.

Pachanga2018

Recruit
Thanks Again,,,,Side question here,,,I am wondering if I could change the throttle/shift control box with a newer design in the future..or would I need to find a exact factory replacement to make to work??

Bondo

Staff member
,I am wondering if I could change the throttle/shift control box with a newer design in the future..

Ayuh,..... Welcome Aboard,...... It's Yer boat,......... You can change anything ya want to change,......

mr 88

Commander
I googled 1989 Sea Ray Panchanga owners manual and in the results column about 8 down I found one. Heading is- Sea Ray specific owners manual-. Did not go through it page by page but it did show more than "pointy end" Location of bilges,underwater lights and switches is what I saw on the 2 pages I glanced at, May be useful to a new owner. I have a 1987 Rampage 28 and a 1987 Boston Whaler 27 FC and both have extensive owners manuals that came with the boat . Showing everything from color of wires and where they go to the bonding diagrams. I also googled those boats and came up with the same manual online as came with the boat. Guess I was on the right side of 99.99% that got not one ,but two boats with excellent manuals.

Scott Danforth

Staff member
Whaler is one of the few that made a manual (mainly because their models dont change)

mr 88

Commander
Just giving you a hard time Scott ,hehe. You are correct though in the percentage. I am sure if you took all the mfg and the boats that were built over the years only a few of the high end Mfg like Hatt/ Bert/ Henriques/ Black Fin/Topaz and a few others went to the trouble of creating a detailed manual. I even wonder if BW made them for there runabouts,my 27 inboard was there top of the line back then so that is understandable.

mr300z87

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I own a 1990 Sea Ray Sundancer and found a pdf of the owners manual on the Sea Ray web site under owner resources. Mine covers a few Sundancer models and possibly years. Good luck with your boat

mr300z87

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Found your owner manual in listed in the 1991 model year?? When I opened it, it says 87 - 91 pachanga 22
Screenshot_20181216-213115_Dolphin.jpg