dual battery charging

thumpar

Admiral
This is the quickest and easiest way to do this. Install a DualPro system,mount it,hook up six wires and your done. I have installed about 40 of these in I/O and bassboats.

http://www.dualpro.com/product/charge-on-the-run/

Just by looking at the size of the wire it is not going to do what most of us are talking about. That is like a slow charger hooked to the aux battery when the engine is running. When I am running the engine I want the full alternator current available to the aux side. With that unit even with the engine running you are running all the aux devices off the aux battery with only a small current trying to charge it. That makes sense when you have an electric trolling motor and start up the engine to move. The engine has a chance to put a bit of charge on the bank of batteries but when you are running a large stereo, lights ect that would never get ahead since they would be used while running too.

jlscjs

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Sorry for taking so long to thank everyone for all the input they have given. That;s what I like about this forum, one can learn so much by sharing ideas with one another.