Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
See more
See less

Charging Problems

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charging Problems

I have a 2000 Merc 50HP 4 Stroke on a 21' Pontoon boat. My problem is with the charging system. When I start the motor the charging rate is 12 -13 amps. After a while when the motor gets warmed up if I happen to hit the trim switch the charging rate goes to 0, and will not start charging again until I stop the motor and restart. I have replaced the stator, the voltage regulator and a couple of sensors and installed a new battery--still does the same thing. When the needle goes to zero on volt meter, the RPM needle is erratic and the trim will not work. Any suggestions?