is my stator bad? or do i have another problem?

SparkieBoat

Captain
Re: is my stator bad? or do i have another problem?

get a manual and a DVA adapter and do the test..as you stated in your first post OHM test are unreliable..If you are not willing to spend $30 on a DVA adapter not much anyone can do to help you....from what I know about those sport jets is there is some kind of kit available to upgrade the stator..it was around $800 last time I looked...your compression is borderline out of tolerance...it seems that the factory stator system sucked bad. you are in the wrong forum anyway..sport jets are in PWC forum. here is a sticky from there. http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=406787
You sound like you must be real young..you have got a hard life ahead of you. :D

swamp-fox

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Umm hate to steal this thread....but what is a DVA meter? I'm changing stator because it's hanging by literaly a thread, and the switchbox after advise on here. But anyway it sounds like it would be a useful thing to have.

skinwalker

Seaman Apprentice

get a manual and a DVA adapter and do the test..as you stated in your first post OHM test are unreliable..If you are not willing to spend $30 on a DVA adapter not much anyone can do to help you....from what I know about those sport jets is there is some kind of kit available to upgrade the stator..it was around $800 last time I looked...your compression is borderline out of tolerance...it seems that the factory stator system sucked bad. you are in the wrong forum anyway..sport jets are in PWC forum. here is a sticky from there. http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=406787
You sound like you must be real young..you have got a hard life ahead of you. :D

hey old genius what good is a dva without a manual?? so now i can check the voltage and have NO CLUE what i'm looking for. the book is $100++ i thought people on here have old manuals... i have none. Im happy to buy the dva, but without knowing what readings to look for what use is it??

Mi duckdown

Commander

If you don't like advice given. Go buy a manual, and quit bashing people.
Sounds like you are smarting than anyone here.
Nice atitude.

skinwalker

Seaman Apprentice

yes i'm "smarting" anyone here ??? lol

Nice "sPelig"