Mercury/Mariner - Forward Controls Wiring Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercury/Mariner - Forward Controls Wiring Question

Hello all. Great site for info. Wondering if somebody could help me out. I can't find a wiring diagram that fits this colour. Merc seems to not even have a green wire..

I got my boat and somebody had snipped the cable at the bottom of the foward controls. I want to know if this is for a tacho and if so what the wires are for. So I have a green, a blue and a brown wire.

Pic:

I've looked everywhere.. The Mercury wiring diagram dosen't mention anything about a green wire from the forward control box..I doubt Mariner would be much different from this ERA. It's definately coming from the under side of the box. If it's for a RPM guage then i'll be happy as I want to hook one up. Any info anybody can provide me I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Re: Mercury/Mariner - Forward Controls Wiring Question

Nidz;

Do you have the p/n of that Mariner box?

Gerry

Comment

Those are power trim wires someone cut off. They apparently changed the switch harness to a newer type that should have trim built in, so with no place to hook the harness they just routed it out of the box and cut it off.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	power-trim-wiring.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	6990640
        Here's a wiring diagram in case you want to rewire. The three buttons on dash were the operating ones, I have the same system but I moved the control panel to the side of my seat for easier operation.

Comment

Ahh ok thanks for your help guys. Appreciate it..

Comment

Working...
          X