1983 Mercury 50 HP 4 cylinder Electric Start Wiring Diagram

G3Joe

Cadet
I am putting this wiring diagram out on the net because I needed it and couldn't find it.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 43

G3Joe

Cadet
Re: 1983 Mercury 50 HP 4 cylinder Electric Start Wiring Diagram

HEY! It worked!

Ok so that's my good deed for today.

tkq23111

Seaman Apprentice

i can really use this iv been looking everywhere.its a bit blurry though and the bottom is missing .i was wondering if you can repoast or add the link of the sight.ty all

G3Joe

Cadet

I'm online tonight, I'll rescan and try again. Check back later.

G3Joe

Cadet

83Merc50.jpg

Hope this works...

G3Joe

Cadet

yep, right click to save to your computer...should be fine for viewing!

tkq23111

Seaman Apprentice

crap.lol.i copied to comuter but when i open it its tiny and when i zoom in it gets to blurry to see.I bought this motor and the guy i bought it from jimmied the controls.I dont even know if its the right controls for it.the control box says quick silver on it.I hooked it up and got nothing ,Im thinking its the safty neutrual switch.Like you said i havent been able to find this wiring diagram anywhere and i appreciate it.I cant even find a picture of the controls or ones for sale.ty again

G3Joe

Cadet

merc80scontrolbox.jpg

you might need a different graphics program. It's clear for me. My controls look like this, found this pic on ebay...except I'm missing the button that releases the throttle to neutral to give it just throttle without putting it in gear. I have to push on this sharp pointy rod to get it to go in. Wish I could find that button...

getting late

Later!

hambusack

Recruit

I am putting this wiring diagram out on the net because I needed it and couldn't find it.

Thank you. Do you have any more diagrams. I just acquired a 50 hp 1983 Mariner that needs some work and your diagram saved me days of frustration and my last few hairs on my head. Thanks again
Ham:D

carholme

Rear Admiral

G3;

Do you have a s/n or model number from that control box in post # 8?

Gerry

hambusack

Recruit

Okay, I also have this on my boat. the number on it is 0353. Looking for parts for this but can't seem to find any? Any ideas would be appreciated?
View attachment 86928

you might need a different graphics program. It's clear for me. My controls look like this, found this pic on ebay...except I'm missing the button that releases the throttle to neutral to give it just throttle without putting it in gear. I have to push on this sharp pointy rod to get it to go in. Wish I could find that button...

getting late

Later!

G3Joe

Cadet

:cool:

All,

So far I've been unable to locate a button for that remote. I'm also in search of a 4 wire tilt trim harness. There was one on ebay awhile back but I was unable to bid prior to close. On another note, I have located someone who can manufacture tilt trim lines to length. This project needed new cables so yesterday I was adjusting the idle point while installing the new ones and it appears the fuel pumps on the Walbro carbs gave up the ghost. Thank goodness for ebay, parts are on the way, decided to throw a water pump kit at it too. I'll try to post pics when I start on that job.

I don't think I have any other .jpgs, maybe a few .pdf's somewhere though... I'll try to convert when I get a chance.

Nice Day out!

Joe

tkq23111

Seaman Apprentice

can anyone tell me what picture program theyb are using to oen post #5 picture,and enlageing it. ty all.this motor is hard to find.ty all.

carholme

Rear Admiral

It's not a very large picture but if you put your mouse over it and right click, then select "Save As" another window will pop up and it will probably be set for "My Pictures" but you can change this to "Desktop" if you want. Click Save and it will be where you chose to save it. Go there, select the picture and when it comes up, it will have + and - signs at the bottom and you can keep pressing the = sign to make it as big as you want. Gets fuzzy pretty quick though.

Gerry

G3Joe

Cadet

OMGosh!!!!!! LOL!!!!! Carholme you are the MAN! I had no idea the Crowley site had remote diagrams as well. 1.58! Think I can spring for that. You made my day man!

Many Thanks!

tkq23111

Seaman Apprentice

I have done that ,but when i enlarge its completly blurry.I cant make anything out.this is a much needed diagram,as the person before me whent ahead and change things around.ty all please help.

lauke

Seaman Apprentice

here is diagram and info from my manual for 1982 merc 50 hp https://picasaweb.google.com/bj.michielsen/Wiring?feat=directlink......hope this may help you guys out!!!

Do you have a wiring diagram for a 1982 200 HP V-6? I just bought an older boat with this motor last month. There are 5 ignition switch wires that are hanging out of the dash and the p.o. left a new switch on the boat. My problem is that the new switch has 6 terminals on it. The motor will not go up or down as well. I don't know if one problem has anything to do with the other or not. I jumped the tilt relays with a screw driver and I can get the motor to go up and down that way. I have a new Mercury service manual on the way, but it won' be here for another few weeks.

HELP ~ Ken

jbrown7891

Cadet

Does anyone have the boat side diagram for this same hookup? Thanks.