Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
http://forums.iboats.com/forum-rules-guidelines-405/
See more
See less

90 hp mercury fuel enricher

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90 hp mercury fuel enricher

Help with the fuel enricher on a 90 hp mercury. I tested the fuel enricher by taking off the fuel line (one for the carb connection) and no fuel was coming out when pushing in with the key and in the on position. So I got a jumper wire and tested it off the starter solenoid and the thing will make a clicking noise now. I am thinking that the original positive wire is bad so I am going to make a new one and try again, but I am new to this and was wandering can the fuel enricher be gummed up and it can be cleaned out? Also, the enricher is running off the starter solenoid so the starter would have to be cranking over for the enricher to actually spit the fuel out right? Any suggestions or helpful tips would be appreciated! Thank you!

Re: 90 hp mercury fuel enricher

The contacts in your ignition switch may be bad or a wire came off.
    "A manual is a cheap investment"
    Fair Winds and Following Seas
    Bill
    PTC USN ret

Comment

Working...
    X