Power Trim & Tilt for 1978 Merc 115HP Inline 6

nightimefishn

Seaman
Hi I am looking to add a power trim kit to my 115 Merc.
Couple of questions:
I like the idea of the CMC PT 130 but am concerned about the setback and needing to make adjustments to my steering. What options do I have? My other option would be to find a used power tilt for my engine. I have been searching ebay with not too much luck. Anyone have a used unit they know of?

Thanks in advance, bought the boat last year and it was a real pain to manually tilt all the time in and out every time I launched the boat.

Laddies

Banned
Re: Power Trim & Tilt for 1978 Merc 115HP Inline 6

Ebay has many used mercury trims listed that would fit your engine

Moody Blue

Captain

Keep your eye on ebay. As mentioned, always units for sale there, especially now that spring is approaching.

You need the type 1 style with two external rams and a pump/reservoir in the boat.

Another place to watch is Craigslist.

nightimefishn

Seaman

Thanks guys I think this one will work and is described as you guys said. Should this one work? And he says he has it wired right to the solenoid, I can just add a switch correct?

Thanks everyone this is a huge help!

Attachments

• mercury pump.jpg
    mercury pump.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 5

Moody Blue

Captain

Yeh that's the type. Only see one mounting bracket in the picture and you need two.

Should also be a long (16" ?) 3/8" stud to tie the two mounting brackets together.

Not sure what is meant by "wired right to the solenoid". If interested, I'll try and post a wiring diagram for that system.

nightimefishn

Seaman

THanks all for your replies! I really appreciate it, I hooked up with Cyclones guy in Oregon! What a nice guy he is, I am going to get the whole set up form him complete.

Even offered to help me with some install instructions.

Thanks Cyclone!

Cyclone

Seaman Apprentice

Your welcome, keep us posted cause I still may do my 115.

Chevyboy454

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hi All,

Searching through the forums to find a wiring diagram for my 1150 and stumbled upon this thread. Moody Blue, could you please post that pic of the diagram I'm kind of stuck here and not sure where the 3 wires go that come from my contold box (Mine appears to be a single solenoid setup). The guy I bought the motor from cut all the wires including the main harness and the shift cables) I've got everything else up and running but am stuck at TnT. There are only 3 wires from my control box, they go hot when trailer, up, down buttons are pressed. There is a 3 prong plug on my pump motor, I assume they go here but don't want to cook anything. There is also the matter of the limit switch on the motor, I'm not sure where they go either.

My Serial number is 7112364 (Which is another mystery) I can get close in serial numbers and from what I gather mine is a 78 from Mississauga, Ont. But I have been told they did not have dist ignition in 78? It also has the year 1978 on the sticker where the timing instructions are.

Any guidance on the matters at hand would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a Bunch, Rick.

Redneckhick

Seaman Apprentice

Red wire is power to switch, blue wire is up, green wire is down. Blue wire will power solenoid.

Chevyboy454

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Unfortunately it's not going to be that simple. The wires are all black :( (Prob not original) Was kind of hoping for a pin-out diagram for the 3 prong plug on the top of the trim pump. Mounted the 1150 on boat today and decided to just use my controls as the guy I bought it from cut the harness and the shift cables. So Tomorrow I'm going to run a new 3 wire harness from TnT pump to dash and install a 3 pole switch. Figure this is easier then swapping out the cables and ripping apart half my boat to get the harness out.

Anyone with a Diagram?

Thanks in advance Rick.

Chevyboy454

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yes Sir!! that helps Big time!!

Thank you very much!!

Rick.