Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
http://forums.iboats.com/forum-rules-guidelines-405/
See more
See less

How to take apart the lower?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to take apart the lower?

I picked up a 7.5hp merc, with a stuck drive shaft.

the drive shaft is pretty rusted, and wont move one bit, forward, back, up down, or rotate. Ideas on what to do?

The shift mechanism works fine, engages gears, and nuteral, and prop spins properly, I doubt there is a ground down/broken gear inside.

I just don't know what to do from here. pipe wrench on the shaft and force it to turn?

Why fix the thing and not ebay the parts? Exactly 100psi in each cylinder.

Re: How to take apart the lower?

Soak it for a couple of days with PB blaster, then a little heat from a propane torch might break it loose. Be careful though.

Comment

it is a merc, belongs in merc. not much similar, other than you use the same tools.
      FLORIDA GATORS
      TEBOW Country

Please, NO PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems. they will not be answered.
      That is what these forums are for. Post your questions, in the appropriate Forum.

Comment

is this a common problem?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/7-5-H...item20af542653

Comment

Gave the pipe wrench trick a try:

...no luck

Comment

Working...
          X