Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
http://forums.iboats.com/forum-rules-guidelines-405/
See more
See less

Replacing Impeller 2000 40hp Mercury Outboard 2 stroke

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing Impeller 2000 40hp Mercury Outboard 2 stroke

Attached Files

Re: Replacing Impeller 2000 40hp Mercury Outboard 2 stroke

Also I just realized there were no washers above and below the impeller the manual shows them and they are in the rebuild kit? I think the previous owner thought the motor was a lot older than it is so maybe it has the wrong impeller as well.

Comment

bump.. does anyone know what the black tar like stuff is that was used on my pump gasket? Should I use the same stuff (if I can find it) or can anyone recommend a good gasket sealer for the water pump gasket - something I can find at West Marine maybe?

Comment

Any automotive gasket sealer will work but dont use the stuff that glues the gasket on like epoxy. It would be very hard to remove next time.

Comment

Do you have any idea what the sticky black tar like stuff is that was used by the previous mechanic?

Comment

You don't have to use gasket sealer, as the pressure of the bolts is enough to keep pressure inside the water pump chamber. The direction of the water pump does look a little akward compare to this guy's pump http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsCCPUUXbGE, maybe the last person installed it the way?

Comment

Working...
            X