Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
http://forums.iboats.com/forum-rules-guidelines-405/
See more
See less

1997 40 Hp Mercury Outboard 4 Cyl 2Carbs Stalling Hard to start after Stopping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 40 Hp Mercury Outboard 4 Cyl 2Carbs Stalling Hard to start after Stopping

Please.. This motor starts and runs perfect out of water but everytime I take it out I have the same problem after I stop to fish and try to restart it I have trouble. It hesitates to start I have to push throttle up high and choke the motor ,when it starts at first it kills a couple of times while trying to accelerate. If I push the throttle hard (accelerate fast ) it will run perfect. The motor runs fast and good at high rpm's but if slow down and decrease throttle to low rpms (like trolling it will sometimes kill. I have replaced two primer balls and both fuel tanks to no avail. Help ! Thanks so much.
Working...
X