Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
http://forums.iboats.com/forum-rules-guidelines-405/
See more
See less

1996 merc xr6 150 impeller question?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 merc xr6 150 impeller question?

hello everyone,

im getting ready to put a new impeller and water pump in my 1996 mercury 150 xr6. i have always taken the boat to a mechanic for this but im tired of paying close to two hundred dollars for a forty dollar kit to be installed. any pointers on removing the lower unit on my motor? or does anyone know of a web site which might show the steps to changing out an impeller and water pump? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

wakeb16

Re: 1996 merc xr6 150 impeller question?

Water pumps impellers and housings are reasy to change. I found this to be useful:

http://www.in-depthangling.com/forum...3/fpart/1/vc/1

Comment

Re: 1996 merc xr6 150 impeller question?

The photos in the above link are very good. Gives you a pretty good idea as to what is involved. Of course, you also should have the shop manual for your motor so that you know exactly what parts are involved, the specific steps appropriate for your particular motor, torque specifications, etc. A Mercury OEM manual is the best manual but the other brands (e.g., Seloc) are OK too for basic maintenance stuff like this.
      1996 Mercury 150HP V6 carbed outboard motor and Maxum 1900XR bowrider boat

Comment

Working...
      X