Mercontrol rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonbradford

Recruit
Re: Mercontrol rebuild

I am also trying to rebuild my mercontrol could you let me know how that ignition switch works

compfast

Seaman Apprentice

I just thought of someting..................is there a reason why i can't just put the new ignition in the drivers console instead of opening the control box?................................by just running the new wiring harness into the console to the new ignition.........................

diaric

Chief Petty Officer

neutral safety switch would be only thing connection needed to controller, but i'm sure you could run a wire over to your new ignition

compfast

Seaman Apprentice

Cool, Thanks for the help :)..........That's probally what I'll do

ricksrster

Commander

Probably will be easier than trying to get a generic switch to fit in the control. Easier access, too.

khes142

Cadet

this may be a dead post because it is so old, but...web search for oldmercs.com. they have all that you need.

compfast

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks guys :)......................you all have been alot of help :D

Jaxon_RS

Recruit
Hello, not sure if this feed is still active but I have a 1967/1968 Mercury 500 outboard with the Mercontrol throttle box. I’ve replaced the shift cable as it was damaged and am attempting to reassemble the unit. With it all put together I’ve found the throttle lever (left side) correctly shifts the gears however once it’s shifted into drive, the lever won’t move any father forward to open the throttle. I believe there is an issue with the connection between the left and right cams but I’m unsure.... if anyone has any advise I’d be happy to get it! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.