Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
http://forums.iboats.com/forum-rules-guidelines-405/
See more
See less

Correct spark plug for Mercury 25

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct spark plug for Mercury 25

I have a 1988 Mercury 25 2 Stroke (SN B267056) and the current spark plugs that's in it is an NGK BUHW (gapless style), but I have seen it listed online as also taking an NGK BP8H-N-10 (extended tip).I think either one will work, but I'm wondering what it came from the factory with.If it is the normal style plug, I'd also be curious as to the factory gap setting. Thanks for any advice!

Re: Correct spark plug for Mercury 25

My Seloc manual shows a Champion L76V surface gap plug for that motor.

Comment

Thanks for looking that up JKW!Hmm... That's interesting. Some of the other posts I've read seem to lean towards NGK as the standard for Mercury. Does anyone else have any literature that suggests another type plug?Thanks again for the help!

Comment

Bump...

Comment

OK, did a little more digging and the Mercury parts site lists a handful of different plugs for my model. I refers to Service Bulletin 91-36 but doesn't say what it is.Does anyone know where or what Service Bulletin 91-36 is?Thanks!

Comment

^
            My project (with index): 1964 Jet Star: http://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat-...nabout-project

Completed condensed version: The Permanent Vacation

Make a New acrylic windshield: http://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat-...craft-jet-star

Comment

post your e-mail and I'll send you the service bulletin.Chris...........
              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              The world takes on a whole new perspective when viewed from 100 below.
              1972 Bertram Bahia Mar 20
              2006 Mercruiser 4.3MPI (0W617679) w/Alpha One Gen II (0W829301)
              (Original - 1972 '165' In-line 6. Previous - 1994 4.3LX)

Comment

Sorry about bumping this topic but it the closest to my question. I also have a 1988 25 HP Merc. Mercury Marine Canada recommended that I use a NGK BPZ8H-N-10 plug because of our water temps and the requirement for a resistor type plug, but like an idiot I forgot to ask for the gap. Anybody happen to know it?

Comment

Working...
                X