Convert tiller throttle to remote throttle

sjlamine

Recruit
I just bought a Mercury 9.9 hp 2001 two stroke tiller motor. I would like to convert it to remote shift/throttle. Anyone that has done this, can you give me an idea of how much effort this will take? I have not purchased the parts as of yet. Through research I believe I will need a "Remote Control attaching Kit" Part # 42805A 6, the throttle cables and the remote control.

Laddies

Banned
Re: Convert tiller throttle to remote throttle

That sounds about right, you may be albe to find a use control and save some money---Bob

sjlamine

Recruit

Thanks for confirming my parts. I am more interested in knowing how big a job is this?

Laddies

Banned

I have not converted one so I really don't know, but most Mercury kits come with good instructions so it should not be to bad---Bob

DHPMARINE

Captain

sjlamine,It is a straight forward deal.Open the attaching kit,dump all the parts into a dishpan or something similar,and inventory the parts using the instructions.Then follow the instructions.Last 9.9/15 I did I think I found extralong needlenose pliers helpful,but I might be thinking of a different motor.One thing to watchout for....If you get a used controlbox,make sure the throttle throw is compatable with your engine.Some controls pull the cable for more throttle,some push the cable for more throttle.I'm not sure which you need,but pop off your motorcover and check<br /><br />DHP