Mercury serial number to year chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrWick

Seaman
Can anyone tell me what and where to find a chart to convert my serial number to the correct year of my 115hp merc serial 0a180301.I have seen this chart somewhere but can't find it now.Thanks.

MrWick

Seaman
Re: Mercury serial number to year chart

Thank you for the response,I have been looking all over for that chart.I actually wrote down the website this time so I won't have to ask it again.iboats.com should make this chart part of their website as I see hundreds of question"What year is it" They(iboats) should have that website in helpful links at the top....Thanks again... :confused:

andrewkafp

Lieutenant Commander

You're welcome..<br />Just be aware that the serial no's differ between some countries.<br />USA = 3,4,5,6 O A B<br />Canada 7<br />Europe 9<br />Australia 8

Dzz

Recruit

I wanna bump this Really old thread. I got a serial number i think is Australian. 837-7692. I cant read the Australian site Andrew posted at the time and cant seem to find anything else online that will help me. Can anyone confirm that this is Australian or not? And if its on that website please translate the information that given for that serial.

Thanks Dzz

carholme

Rear Admiral

Dzz;

We could try and help you with your problem but what is it that you are looking for? Is this a Mercury engine? If it is an engine, what horsepower, year, number of cylinders or any other information you might have.

Gerry

Dzz

Recruit

It is a Mercury. 9.8 as far as i was told when i bought it. Which puts it in the 1980's. 2 cylinder. serial number is from block, the identification plate is missing. If you need more let me know.

carholme

Rear Admiral

Dzz;

Having a difficult time tracking down the yearbut here is the parts listing. If you look under Gear Casing, you will see what Australian s/n engines are applicable.
Will keep looking for the year.

Gerry

Last edited by a moderator:

Dzz

Recruit

It seems to be either a 7.5 or 9.8 hp motor. Still trying to confirm this.

On http://www.marinshopen.se/ it shows decal layout and colors by years. if mine is correct it is showing 1980-1983. Been looking everywhere for info and still no luck. There is a Australian forum im going to try and post on. Maybe some luck will come my way.

carholme

Rear Admiral

Dzz;

According to the parts listing I posted, you should be able to confirm whether it is a 7.5 or 9.8 by determining what carb is installed.

CARBURETOR ASSEMBLY (MERC 7.5) (TILLOTSON STAMPED 1364-7902)
CARBURETOR ASSEMBLY (MERC 7.5)(WALBRO STAMPED WMB-2 OR WMB-4
CARBURETOR ASSEMBLY (MERC 9.8)(TILLOTSON STAMPED 1364-7909)
CARBURETOR ASSEMBLY (MERC 9.8)(WALBRO STAMPED WMB-1 OR WMB-3

Gerry

Dzz

Recruit

Ok its a 9.8 then with the Tillotson 1364-7909.

Another SN question. They say it is stamped on the block. There is also a round silver disc within the side of the block with another 7 digit number on it. Is this just a part number for that or possibly the SN?

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to iboats Dzz.
if you have a question, please start a new thread of your own, not just add on to someone else's 8 year old thead.
Just click on the
attachment.php
Button at the top left of the forum.

Attachments

• Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.