Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
http://forums.iboats.com/forum-rules-guidelines-405/
See more
See less

2000 Mercury 225 EFI What is normal compression?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Mercury 225 EFI What is normal compression?

I am considering buying a Merc 225 that had compression tests as follows: #1-95psi, #2-93psi, #3-97psi, #4-95psi, #5-97psi, #6-95psi.I've done some reading on this motor, and it seems like these are low pressures. I know that these are within the 10% range, but are pressures in the 90's acceptable for this motor? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Re: 2000 Mercury 225 EFI What is normal compression?

I have a 1998 Mercury 225 EFI that has very low hours on it. My compression is very similar to the one that you are considering buying. My motor tests to almost 100 lbs per cylinder and was told by my local Mercury authorized dealer that this was appropriate.

Comment

Working...
    X