Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
http://forums.iboats.com/forum-rules-guidelines-405/
See more
See less

1983 50 HP Thunderbolt Merc.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1983 50 HP Thunderbolt Merc.

While I've got a shop manual on order, (back ordered) I was just wondering if any of you good folks could pin-point the location of my 50 hp - 4 Cyl. Merc's. fuel pump....also do you need any special tools to do the pump diaphram R & R.......Thanks and Happy New Year to all....Carl

Re: 1983 50 HP Thunderbolt Merc.

Take off the side panel and take off the top piece (4 bolts hold it down). The pump is on the side of the block (stbd I think). Follow fuel lines in from disconnect. They go to the pump first. Phillips screwdriver takes pump off. Pump is almost square and has a plate underneath that is about 1/4"

Comment

Re: 1983 50 HP Thunderbolt Merc.

araiha,What a Guy! It's right where you said it was and if it had been a rattlesnake I'd of been dead as I replaced a small section of fuel hose that enters the pump. (Makes me feel kinda dumb) Thanks so much for the reply. I'll get a Merc fuel pump repair kit and get to it. Best wishes for a New Year my friend.Carl

Comment

Working...
      X