Prop sizing 60hp Mariner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop sizing 60hp Mariner

Guys, I trying to guess the best size prop for my boat, I believe to do this I need to know the WOT RPMs of the outboard (96 2 stroke 60hp Mariner) and then the current operating limits. The 2 issues I have is I dont know the WOT of this engine and I dont have a rpm gauge in the boat. I'm sure I can get info on the WOT but there dont seem to be many 2 stroke tachometer gauges for sale. Has anyone done this exercise before, I'm I going about this the wrong way, is there a better way? Up for all suggestions. The reason for doing this is I believe the boat to be a bit sluggish out of the gates. The boat is a 16ft model 500 Driver.

Iboats has a couple of tachs available.
    The only way to prop correctly is to know your max rpm's and speed with gps.

https://www.iboats.com/shop/boat-mot...st_order=price
    1980 Sylvan Aluminum 18' Sportster I/O - Mercruiser 140, Honda 7.5 Kicker, Bennett M120 Tabs
    1974 Glastron V-179, Mercruiser 140
    1984 16.5ft. Alumarine Sealark side console with 82 Merc 50
    Manitoba, Canada

Comment

Google Tiny Tach.
      they're for testing
      "Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

Comment

Thanks, I've purchased one (very similar to the tiny tach). Can anyone confirm a figure of 5500 RPM bring the WOT figure for this outboard

Comment

If it's a 3 cyl. it's 5000-5500.
          http://boatinfo.no/lib/mercury/manua...-55-60.html#/0
          1980 Sylvan Aluminum 18' Sportster I/O - Mercruiser 140, Honda 7.5 Kicker, Bennett M120 Tabs
          1974 Glastron V-179, Mercruiser 140
          1984 16.5ft. Alumarine Sealark side console with 82 Merc 50
          Manitoba, Canada

Comment

Thanks guys much appreciated

Comment

Working...
            X