Mercury motors

Rikkie

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi watermann/SHSU I was working on trying to repair witeing problems but when I hook up battery and turned key on I let the smoke out of everything
I tyres to find parts but it's hard to find parts for1975 I did find new coil for310$ refactor?stator

I happened to find a comeplelt motor so I went on a 2 and a half hour ride to check it out i was told it ran 2+ yr ago
I brought comprestion tester muffs fule tank starting fluid taped some bare battery cables and it fired right up

after getting it home it had very bad gas lines so I started takeing it apart I noticed no trimming pointer and no marks on fly wheel
it does need water pump

I forced water through it with muffs plunged at inlet and put water through flush hole seem to run well

no tilt or trim but I could switch it and trimming pointer and flywheel?and save other motor for parts

I don't really need another motor but I wanted to fix the one that took off SS what do you think

Rikkie

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Well I picked up TOP water pump repair kit and installed it went together pretty well I think I'll test in am

I think was over do for impeller

Attachments

• photo333472.jpg
    photo333472.jpg
    642.7 KB · Views: 0

Rikkie

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Well it did go together well I havemuffs on and water out head all so for word and reverse the first time

Attachments

• photo333518.jpg
    photo333518.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 0

Rikkie

Petty Officer 2nd Class
The engine side of witeing harnees has been replaced so took apart shifter box and found out I'll need to replace from the key to the motor

Attachments

• photo333580.jpg
    photo333580.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo333581.jpg
    photo333581.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 0

Rikkie

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I don't want to let the smoke out of another motor