Mercury 115HP 2 stroke 4 cyl Carbs.

Kevin O

Recruit
Does anyone know the initial setting for the FACTORY sealed adjusting screws on the top of each carb. Foolishly removed
these adjusting screws to boil out carbs.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
the bottom 2 carburetors are not supposed to work at idle.------Motor only runs on top 2 cylinders at idle.----No , I do not know the factory setting.----Your local Mercury dealer might help you.

Mooredom91

Seaman Apprentice
Some carbs will have an indication on the bottom of the bowl if I’m not mistaken.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
For the Nov. 2015 revision of the 1998 and later 3-4 cyl, 2 stroker, 75-125 hp, Manual 90-8M0110566:

Only lists WME (stamped on the Port side of the carb) type carbs: Specifically speaking I need your engine's serial number as they vary by year, or bi-year which sets the model # of the carb...several pages of charts per carb model #.

Generally speaking for the 115: As Racerone stated, only top two have preset adjustments and the number is 1 ½ turn from a soft, 2 finger tight closed position. I guess I don't need your serial # as looking through the list over the years, all 115s had the same preset value.

Kevin O

Recruit
Thanks for the responses. The 4 carbs are WME 11's. We understand that it only runs on the top 2 cylinders at idle and only the top 2 carbs have a horizontal adjusting screw for the idle. The 4 adjusting screws we are talking about are the Factory sealed needles. They are vertical on the starboard side of the carbs accessible from the top looking down. Couldn't find anything in the 550 page service manual I downloaded except not to touch them. Oh well. Tried a few authorized Merc dealers and they couldn't help or didn't want to. Any help would be appreciated.