Extended trim anode of no use !

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Bit of a bugger today. After previous posts about trying to counter act my horrendous torque steer at slow speed and low planing speeds...some will know I managed to buy the extended trim tab anode that normally sits out the way of the larger props.
turns out...even they don’t sit far enough back to allow the enertia to swing. Not a happy chap today.
just thought I’d let others know.

I’ll either need to put up with it, cut a small section away or just do what is really required and get proper steering system.

alldodge

Staff member
just do what is really required and get proper steering system.

:thumb:

You wouldn't like the tab anyway, you would start gripping it took some top end away :rolleyes:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Now I'm sorry I tried to help when you asked a while back about extended trim tabs. :eek:

Those Enertia props are worthless. :behindsofa: ;)

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
There is a wedge-shaped piece of metal that can be attached to the skeg to counteract torque. They may be called "torque Tabs" or something like that.

I made one for my speedboat, as at high speed, the trim tab anode is out of the water.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Now I'm sorry I tried to help when you asked a while back about extended trim tabs. :eek:

Those Enertia props are worthless. :behindsofa: ;)

Haha. Bit of a bugger. It’s marginal but only just comes into contact. Oh well. Worth a try.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
If it "almost" clears, some slight shaving is probably be OK. Unless you can return it.