eplacement ignition Switch for mercury 125 O/B

mtnriverdog

Cadet
Hey Everyone,
I have spent hours looking for a replacement ignition switch for my Mercury 125 O/B SN 0G281432. It is a 3 position push to choke with 6 terminals. The wires are coded M,M,A,B,C,S. I have found several with "I" as one of the options with no "A" I think I understand what each of the letters stands for, I just cant find a direct replacement. The boat is a SeaRay 175 Bow Rider O/B and the part number referenced in the manual is 427609. Any help would be appreciated. Maybe I am just over thinking this.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Is the key switch in the remote control? If yes, what remote?

"A" is Accessory to power gauges like tachs. "I" would be Ignition and may work to power gauges - It depends on the internal contacts.

mtnriverdog

Cadet
The switch is located in the panel with all the gauges. The original has the Accessory terminal but no Ignition terminal. Apologies if I didn't answer about remote control,Is the that the throttle and trim control?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
What's wrong with the old switch?

Remote is the shift/throttle.

mtnriverdog

Cadet
The old switch hangs up and keeps the starter pinion gear engaged. I have to manually move the key back to run position which means half the time i turn it off. The worst part was that my wife doesn't catch it and she burned a starter up. You have me thinking that maybe I could lube it with dielectric grease or lithium grease to keep it from sticking?