2014 Mercury 115 elpt 4 Stroke - surging & power loss

jrgrtx

Recruit
Calling all 4 stroke techs. Here's the deal. Took my 18' Alweld boat out with a 2014 Mercury ELPT 4-stroke outboard. Made a few sharp turns and suddenly it backfired and died. Turned over several times but wouldn't start. Took it home and found the fuel line where it comes up from the deck, inside the flex tube just at the engine was snapped in half. Easy fix. Ordered a new line, reconfigured the routing a little to get the twisting pressure off it when I made sharp turns, filled her full of fuel and boom, up she cranked. Took her out to the lake and now, up to about 2000 rpm, it's fine, get over that and it acts like it's starved for fuel one second and then suddenly it gets a rush of fuel and takes off, then bogs down, then may surge again. Full throttle forward and it just hiccups back and forth, catches a good surge then dies down again. Keep the throttle down and keep it around 2k rpm and its fine. What gives!!!! Any suggestions before I open the wallet at a boat repair shop would be very much appreciated.

JR
"USMC"