2004 Mercury 90 2 stroke

dlgilbert

Recruit
I read a few topics on here maybe to find my issue, but I think it confused me more, half A$$ shade tree mechanic here.

Here is the problem. Motor starts, motor running rough. The longer the motor runs the worst it get. When you give it throttle it just bog's down and dies. Doesn't want to restart and you have to wait for a period of time.

Feel it's fuel problem, so I change out all the fuel filters and put on a new fuel hose, fresh gas and clean fuel tank, new spark plugs.

After it dead I pulled the spark plugs and they were all wet with fuel. So I thought maybe the electric choke might be hung open. I found out from reading here that I might have a electric primer instead of choke. When I do push in the choke at the ignition there is NO slicking what so ever, nothing.

My buddy has the same motor and his does make a clicking noise like it's working.

So is there something with electric primer that might be hung open and motor is getting to much fuel? Or should I be looking in a different direction? Thanks in advance.

JDusza

Ensign
"Motor starts, motor running rough. The longer the motor runs the worst it get. When you give it throttle it just bog's down and dies. Doesn't want to restart and you have to wait for a period of time."

Sounds to me like your carburetors (how many do you have, what's you serial number) are out of tune. The engine is running so rich it stalls out. It won't restart right away because it is flooded, as evidenced by the wet spark plugs.

Try leaning out the carburetors and see if you get a positive response.
J

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Plug off hose to enricher solenoid to see if it is stuck open.----That motor would have 3 cylinders and 3 carburetors.----Check fuel pump diaphragm too.

dlgilbert

Recruit
"Motor starts, motor running rough. The longer the motor runs the worst it get. When you give it throttle it just bog's down and dies. Doesn't want to restart and you have to wait for a period of time."

Sounds to me like your carburetors (how many do you have, what's you serial number) are out of tune. The engine is running so rich it stalls out. It won't restart right away because it is flooded, as evidenced by the wet spark plugs.

Try leaning out the carburetors and see if you get a positive response.
J

3 carbs, are you wanting the serial number on the motor I'm guessing?

dlgilbert

Recruit
Plug off hose to enricher solenoid to see if it is stuck open.----That motor would have 3 cylinders and 3 carburetors.----Check fuel pump diaphragm too.

That is the larger hose? Can I just take it off and plug it, will that hurt anything?