2005 Merc 90 Hp Does not have Idle Warm up Lever

Snowman81

Recruit
I have a 2005 Mercury 90 Hp that is very cold blooded on startup. Browsing this and other forums tells me this is normal and to use the Idle Warm Up lever for a bit to get it going. I would be fine with that except there is no warm up lever to be found that I can see. Is is possible that there is no way to idle this thing up for warm up. This is a real pain at a busy launch where you are trying to make a fast getaway and it keeps dying on you. Attaching a picture of the shift control.

Attachments

• photo312746.jpg
    photo312746.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 0

racerone

Supreme Mariner
What happens when you push that button with the MERCURY logo on the handle.-------Failing that talk to a boat shop on how to operate that control !!

Snowman81

Recruit
I have tried that but it still shifts into gear when I move the handle and hold the button in. I wonder if something is not working correctly in the mechanism.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Sometimes the throttle handles pull straight out a bit, for throttle only.

JDusza

Ensign
This is a push-button system. Push the center button with logo IN and push the throttle lever forward. You need two hands. Sometimes when pulled back to idle and neutral this button comes flying out if its snap-fit barbs are broken.
J