1991 115hp merc.oiling question.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Easiest way is just unplug the 2 blue wires from bottom of oil tank. Why you want to bypass as this is a very reliable system with vey few failures.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
How do you plan on disabling it? When my engine (2002 90hp.) passed 12 years I decided to bypass mine. I undid the wires at the bayonet connectors; right side of engine where the blue/white stripe (as I recall, may not have had the strips and I think the PTT UP wires are lt. blue white stripe).

I then undid 3 screws (recalling from memory) and a hose to the pump and slid the pump out far enough to remove the drive gear which had a shaft attached....checking for thrust washers and none were present. Put the pump back and reconnected the hose and that was that. I wrote 1 pt. to 6 gallons of gas on the transom near the tank fill port so I wouldn't forget to add oil when refueling. Did I have to do it? No. Just slept better at night...one less thing to worry about. Did the engine care? No. I used WW Pennzoil Premium TC-W3 semi-syn which burned nice and clean anyway.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
You can take the discharge line from the pump and feed that the intake line with a TEE fitting.----Oil pump will just recirculate.----Fill oil tank at about half.-----Easy to revert back to oil injection as a selling feature.