Mercury WMC Carburetor Red Primer gasket replacement

w2much

Lieutenant
This carb or close variations are used on lots of small Mercury"s, not certain of the model #"s. . Within the carbureter bowl of the WMC type carbs which contain the primer. is a small red gasket, o ring, seat thingy. It is included in the carb repair and gasket kits. I have never found it necessary to replace one until now. A little tuff to remove, hell if I can install the replacement with out mangling it. Any tips on this ?

w2much

Lieutenant
Perhaps my description was not real good. I figured those with the carb would recognize what in the heck I was talking about. So replacing the red o ring type primer seal is quite simple.. Perhaps easier than the method I used. On the bottom side of the top of the primer there is a very small ring. It is so small that this ol guy with bad eyes could not distinguish it from the threads therein.. Remove the ring, remove the seal. Clean up if needed drop the seal in smooth side to the side which makes contact with the ball bearing type valve. Screw the plug in, it will seat the gasket o ring. Unscrew the plug and re install the ring which holds the o ring in place.. The o ring is now in place. Bearing, spring, gasket and plug to follow.