Mercury/Quicksilver trim hose threads

bwguardian

Seaman Apprentice
I blew a line on my jack plate and need to order and/or get another made up...they are the same as the trim hoses. I am away from the boat so hopefully someone can confirm the thread size at either end that go into the jack plate cylinder and Mercruiser trim pump on the other end inside the boat. They are inverted flare fittings and I originally thought the threads were 1/4" NPT but in looking on the web think they are more like 3/8" in either 20 or 24 thread count. Yes, I can go over there and remove the line and take it in to one of the box stores and figure it out...just thought someone could confirm so I can get one ordered without having to make the trip.

Also, any input on where to get them would also be appreciated. These are rather long at 88" and the Mercury Quicksilver trim hose part number I come up with is 32-823073 (high pressure) and 32-811525 (low pressure). I'm purdy sure it's the high pressure side that blew...

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
most likely inverted flare which is 3/8-24

go to NAPA, they have adapters.

Scott Danforth

Staff member
Thanks, problem with NAPA is they don't have stainless end fittings.

not many places carry 316L stainless fittings unless they are a marine hydraulic supplier

you can get 18-8 stainless fittings from the race world. I use Pegasus racing.

bwguardian

Seaman Apprentice
not many places carry 316L stainless fittings unless they are a marine hydraulic supplier

you can get 18-8 stainless fittings from the race world. I use Pegasus racing.

I've seen them in a combination of aluminum & brass, and would consider that if there is no galvanic action between the two.

Scott Danforth

Staff member
aluminum and brass do not play together in salt water.

aluminum and stainless do not play together in salt water

aluminum, brass and stainless together in salt water is an energizer battery.