new stator,trigger,and wire harness but no current/spark from stator

Jr_Terry1990

Recruit
hey guy's i need some help! i am currently working on a 1976 85 hp Murcury 850 with thunderbolt ignition.i got this from my grandfather before he passed last year.all the wires was dry rotted and falling apart. that being said i replaced it all.but for some reason im not getting anything out of the stator. i tested all the wires coming from it and nothing.it is brand new out of the box so i am not sure whats going on or what to do.i really want to get this thing running.thanks in advance

tommarvin

Ensign
You sure the wires are butt connected and shrink tubed the same as the old stator,
You should go to cdielectronics.com and the site will help/show you for free, its all there search you motor.
The stator is probably good.its brand new.

Jr_Terry1990

Recruit
Yes...and that's where I got my stator and trigger is from cdi.i did everything on the troubleshooting but nothing.

tommarvin

Ensign
I got desperate when our ignition switch broke, and called the cdi guy in charge of diagnosis/repairs, cant remember his name,nice guy .
Maybe call them with a short wait time and see what happens.
Remove the flywheel ,stator,trigger, and start over.
If the stator and trigger are from cdi,i would bet alot of $ there good.
If all your wires were rotted you should do a continuity test on every and all wires, wake sure every wire has continuity, most multi meters have the setting, it makes a noise when you have continuity.
If you cant touch each end of the wire just wire nut a piece of wire long enough for the multi meter to touch each end of the wire,there should be a sound.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Do you have a DVA meter for testing????

If the stator and trigger are from cdi,i would bet alot of $ there good.

I wouldn't bet on that!!!