2005 90 hp mercury

Cnmike

Recruit
Hello guys i have a 2005 90 hp 4 stroke mercury.
i had a new starter put in last year as well as 2 new batteries.
it is hard to start when not in high idle
even when its warmed up .
once its started idles and runs like a top but if i shut it off its hard to start.any ideas thanks

tommarvin

Ensign
We have twin 2002 115hp four stroke EFI, this post is for EFI.
Why did you install a new starter, did the old starter not work on a bench test?
Two new batterys are good,did you do a load test on the two old batterys were they not holding a charge?Were the batterys full of distilled water, did you fill the new batterys up with distilled water, only use nylon locking nuts on batterys.Never wing nuts.
The point, are you just throwing $ at your motor without a plan, and guessing?
Welcome to four stroke EFI, always add stabil 360 marine with vapor technolgy evey time you add gas for the day.
Gas starts in the tank goes to a fuel water seperator yamaha mar-mini , then to the on motor fuel filter,get a new filter, then to the fuel pump, then to the vapor seperator, remove it clean the tank more importantly clean the screen in front of the high presurre fuel pump inside the vst tank, then to rhe fuel injectors, watch all the you tube videos on cleaning fuel injectors, make the adaptor for a spray can cleaner straw. and you need to buy and replace the fuel filter on the end of the fuel injectors that it go boating and have some fun.
EFI will absolutily not run on old gas, if its old pump it out, dispose of it properly please the dump may take it.