Mercury 60HP 3 cylinder 4 stroke circa 1993: Myth or Reality?

Karasu

Cadet
Short version: Is there such a thing as a Mercury 60HP 3 cylinder 4 stroke circa 1993 or not. If so, what is the general opinion as to the reliability of the engine? What should I look out for?

Less short version: Attempting to get long distance info from a dealer in Lake Havasu City about a 18' 2003 Voyager Pontoon boat. (I'm 200 miles away in Flagstaff and am trying to decide if the boat is worth a long day in really hot weather to check out ).

The communication is... not that great. Their limited online info for the boat includes it having a 60 HP Mercury 4 stroke outboard. (with 325 hours ;-) Pic of the engine shows it having "EFI" noted on it. They claim that it is a 3 cylinder motor and that its compression check results were 205, 200, and 195. In trying to do a bit of homework about the reliability of this engine I keep finding info on 3 cylinder 2 stroke Mercury outboards OR 4 cylinder 4 stroke Mercury outboard but NO 3 cylinder 4 stroke outboards. Maybe it's really a 4 cylinder and they didn't want to mention that the compression check on cylinder # 4 was zero? Any info or opinions on the engine and or the boat are appreciated!

racerone

Supreme Mariner
I can not find a 60 hp 3 cylinder 4 stroke on the parts listings !!