how to test stator winding?

ASTRO-G20

Recruit
I have a Mercury Black Max 200HP xri efi 1994,V6 the stator has 2-sets of yellow wires that feed the rectifiers/voltage regulators I am reading 4 ohm's on each set , is this good or bad because I don't know what the resistance should be on this stator.I have the information on the stator wire's that feed the switch box's haven't tested them yet Doe's any one know the resistance for the 2-sets of yellow lead's ?????

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Not necessarily.....was they still hooked to rectifiers? What is VAC reading on wire when running? What problems are you having?

ASTRO-G20

Recruit
Yes the yellow wires were disconnected from the rectifier/voltage regulator. Problem is the motor won't start, will crank but don't run so I started with the magneto I am going to test the reading on the switch box wires but I started with the 2- sets of yellow 1st that's why I was concerned about the resistance on the yellow wire's. I want to be sure the magneto and the trigger are good before continuing . I borrowed a remote start switch and plugged it in on the motor and all it did was crank wouldn't start so whatever reason it's not starting is on the motor end it's getting gas and battery is fully charged I am just trying some basic troubleshooting before I put it in the shop!!! Thanks again

legalfee

Petty Officer 1st Class
Here's the installation / troubleshooting document from CDI

legalfee

Petty Officer 1st Class
[No message]

Attachments

• photo294093.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 0