Owners manual for 1993 mercury 100ho

ak.man1

Cadet
Hello All:
I just bought a 1993 mercury 100hp outboard. Do not know much about this motor. Any recommendations on where I can pickup an owners manual? Also what is your feeling on the oil injection? Should it be bypassed? Thank you in advance for the advice.

ak.man1

Cadet
Owners manual for 1993 mercury 100hp outboard

I just purchased a 1993 mercury and do not know much about this outboard. Is there a good place to get a manual for this specific motor? Also I am concerned about the oil injection system failing. I have heard some stories of good motors going bad due to pump failure. Should I bypass? Thanks for sharing your info.

alldodge

Staff member
Sorry folks haven't responded yet. Most probable answer is its New Years and folks are not logging in. Add the New year with a difficult web site and some folks are staying away until it gets straightened out.

As a non-OB guy I'll offer my opinion. The oil injectors are great when they work, but if they stop your motor is toast. Many have removed the oil injectors for this reason. So I look at it as how well your system was made and how well its maintained. If you remove it it is one thing that is not longer in the equation. Will use more oil and plugs due to fowling but no burned motor

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Using or bypassing the oil injection is up to you.
I use mine.

An owners manual doesn't contain much useful info in my opinion.
It will tell you to maintain it and what plugs to use, but not HOW to maintain it.

A generic Mercury repair manual will contain much more info, along with step by step instructions.

A factory Mercury motor specific manual is good, but is geared toward the professionally trained mechanic, and will not give you details on the routine maintenance that a pro would already have knowledge of.

Google search for "Clymer B722 repair manual" and buy one.

Prices are all over the place from $8 for used copies, to $25--$45 for new copies.

Then read through the sections, marking the areas that are specific to your motor.