Bravo 1 installation

ericcarr2000

Ensign
Ok I just got done installing my new Rams on her and went to pour done more 10w30 oil in the reservoir, once I raised and lowered the drive a couple times I noticed that the oil reservoir where I poured the oil into was turning a light brownish color, almost like coffee with creamer in it. Is this normal?

alldodge

Staff member
Ok I just got done installing my new Rams on her and went to pour done more 10w30 oil in the reservoir, once I raised and lowered the drive a couple times I noticed that the oil reservoir where I poured the oil into was turning a light brownish color, almost like coffee with creamer in it. Is this normal?

Nope, you have some rusty crud in your pump, need to flush that stuff out of there. Did you buy new or used cylinders?

I would remove your lines and pull the cylinders. Pull the pump and tank, drain and clean it out. Install and fill the tank then run the pump with new oil until you see it clean. Pull the cylinders in both directions and get the stuff out. Then connect everything back up and cycle it some more